AA Boost Control Box for 2021-2024 Can Am X3 RR
AA Boost Control Box for 2021-2024 Can Am X3 RR
Sale Sold out
Regular price $550.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
- Fits all 2021-2024 X3 RR Models 195HP & 200HP
- Includes the plug & play AA Boost Control Box & Wire Harness
- Includes custom levels for tunes (Next Fuel Tech Tune for X3, coming soon)
- We are happy to announce a power adding option for the 2021+ X3 RR models that is simple, cost effective, and absolutely rips!
- The AA Boost Control Box manipulates MAP sensor data to increase boost pressure. This is all done live by turning the rotary switch for easy adjustments on the fly. If you'd like, the switch can be disconnected and your last switch position will be saved. This is a plug & play device that installs easily, and leaves no trace that it was ever there.
- The 2021+ X3 RR is quick out of the box, but why stop there? The potential for the X3 RR is so much more. The intake, turbocharger and intercooler that come factory on this model make it easy to crank up the horsepower & still maintain low intake temps. We are very impressed by what this UTV can do out of the gate with very few modifications. The factory seemed to make the boost come on very lazy, while it peaks out nicely around 18-19 PSI (at our location, 1000ft altitude) it takes a bit to get there. Our tuning increases spool, overall boost and also makes peak boost come on quicker.
- Huge horsepower and torque gains depending on the level of tune desired, and supporting modifications.
- Not just dyno tested! We are avid riders and like the factory, a ton of the testing is done in the field to make sure you are getting 110%. You simply can't get any better testing than real world. Often times we can make significant changes to further increase power, drivability, and feel of the machine that can never be done on the dyno. We have a longer history of tuning CVT and turbocharged vehicles than nearly all competitors and this will show.
- Installs easily by plugging into your MAP sensors, battery power, and mounting the switch
- Air/fuel ratios extensively tested and verified at each tune level. The RR models are a wideband type sensor/ECU, so they automatically trim fuel to the requested air/fuel ratio.
- Safety parameters to protect your motor and turbocharger are still in place
- Easily return back to stock with the rotary switch to "Stock" mode, or by removing the AA Boost Control Box
- Boost Control Box vs ECU tuning: While we would always prefer to calibrate a vehicle by modifying OEM ECU parameters, it's simply not an easy task on these vehicles due to the insane 2048 bit security. The Boost Control Box allows us to do what is needed for level 1-4 to increase the boost pressure & power output. This gives the biggest benefit/seat of the pants feel and is all that is needed to put a smile on your face as you wax your buddy. Power gains are right on par with the gains seen on the 2020 X3 RR models where we can tune the ECU, so it's not like we are leaving much on the table by not tuning the ECU directly. The 2021+ X3 ECU factory ECU calibration is quite decent, but we are missing out on some things we'd normally do... like removing the speed limiters, reverse limiters, coolant fan temp, timing curves, 2 foot limiters, and enrichment AFR during spool. In the grand scheme of things, these are minimal things that are not needing adjustment on the RR. We do have a few fixes for some of those things.
- Throttle Response Fix: With the boost control box, we are missing the ability to make the X3 dead pedal come to life, but we have the fix! Our Pedal Control Box will allow you to increase/decrease pedal response on the fly. This also allows for you to de-tune the throttle for a Valet/Kid mode if desired. See more on the Pedal Control Box HERE
- Reverse limiter fix: The optional AA Reverse Override Switch allows for full power in reverse without having to hold the OEM momentary switch. Just flip it and override stays on.
- Speed limiter fix: We have something in the works here as well, stay tuned!
- A stock X3 RR on our dyno was 178-180 RWHP with 32" tires and runs roughly 18-19 PSI of boost
- Level 1 - 91-93 Octane - 188 RWHP / 210-215 crank HP: Our Level 1 tune is okay to run on a bone stock X3 RR without clutching or exhaust modifications. This tune runs an average of 19-20 PSI of boost and is a very safe with great gains on 91 octane fuel. The stock wastegate spring pressure works best with this tune.
- Level 2 - 91-93 Octane - 193 RWHP / 220-225 crank HP: Our Level 2 tune is again designed for 91-93 octane and is very safe. This tune is absolutely nuts for being able to run on a bone stock X3 RR.. Peak boost is around 22-23 PSI, and settles down to roughly 20-21 PSI. Stock clutching is usually okay, but our clutch kit will drastically help improve performance and keep peak RPM in check. Our blow off valve kit is recommended. This tune will work great with stock exhaust but even better with aftermarket exhaust. Your wastegate rod should be shortened 2 turns from the factory position with a crack pressure of 9-10 PSI.
- Level 3 - 91-93 Octane MAX tune - 204 RWHP / 235-240 crank HP: Our Level 3 tune puts the hammer down on 91-93 octane! It will peak around 23-24 PSI and sustain around 22-23 PSI.... around 1 PSI higher than our Level 2. This is a big 24 RWHP gain over factory, making 204-205 RWHP on our dyno. Our blow off valve kit is highly recommended. This tune will work great with stock exhaust but even better with aftermarket exhaust. If running hard like in the dunes, we'd suggest running 93 octane or bumping up 91 with booster, OR upgrading to an aftermarket exhaust will rid enough heat from the motor to run 91 octane. Your wastegate rod should be shortened 4 turns from the factory position with a crack pressure of 11-12 PSI.
- Level 4 - 95-100 Octane - Beast mode - 213 RWHP / 250-255 crank HP: This tune is designed for 95-100 octane and was developed using one can of VP Octanium Unleaded to a tank of fuel. Mixing other race fuel with the tune to get 95-100 octane output would work great, just keep in mind leaded fuels can take out O2 sensors when running leaded fuel consistently. Now for the fun part.... this tune is INSANE for a stock turbo tune and brings your X3 RR to a new level at 213 RWHP on our dyno. This is a 33 RWHP gain and pushes to 25-26 PSI peak boost, then settles to 24-25 PSI. There are a few other problems with this tune.... the speedometer struggles to keep up with the wicked acceleration and the tires won't stop burning off. A free flowing exhaust like our 3" system is highly recommended for proper power. Clutching is required to keep peak RPM in check. Your wastegate rod should be shortened 6 turns from the factory position with a crack pressure of 12-13 PSI Our blow off valve kit is HIGHLY recommended to prevent turbo damage.
- Peak power is made from 7900-8200 on these models, so always set clutch calibrations to run at that RPM for proper performance
- Tune levels explained: We have 3 different pump gas tunes so customer can dial the vehicle to a usable power level for wherever they are riding, and it's somewhat of an RPM cheater. Say you are trail riding mostly and don't need the Level 3 power... but you go to the dunes. You can run Level 1 on the trails and set your clutches up for that, then when you go to the dunes, crank it up to Level 2 or 3 and increase peak RPM without adjusting clutching. Sometimes clutching still needs to be done for best performance, but this at least closes the gap so you don't usually HAVE to adjust weights or helix. For us, this is great on short trips where you just don't have time to change out clutching.
- Exhaust: We found the exhaust on these vehicles flows very well for factory, but still restrictive on spool up. When on the dyno you can see this, and feel this in the field. The more boost you run, the more power is being withheld. With Level 3 & 4 we could see 6-8 RWHP gains from 0-50 vs the OEM exhaust. After roughly 55-60 MPH, the stock exhaust/power level comes within a few % of the aftermarket exhaust. Also, aftermarket exhausts like ours will remove heat MUCH better, so your X3 RR will run more consistent and powerful when driving hard.
- How to: Waste Gate Adjustment
- Max boost levels are listed as reference only. Altitude, temperature, charge temps, intercooler temps and many other conditions play into a factor of final boost output.
- To prevent turbocharger damage, we would highly recommend our blow off valve kit on Level 3 tunes or higher. Level 4 and higher the blow off valve is absolutely necessary. Running this much boost, turbo surge can be a real problem when in/out of the throttle.
- Why AA tunes over others? We have been tuning UTV's with CVT clutches for a long time, longer than almost anyone in our field going back to the 800 RZR. Tuning a CVT vehicle properly is not an easy task as you have so many variables at one time. We spend the time to wheel dyno(with actual UTV tires) correctly per modification, and have advanced ECU calibration and clutching knowledge to do so. Every change in horsepower can result in us changing clutching several times. We also develop most of our supporting mods so we know everything works correctly, and build parts to fit the vehicles needs. Lastly and honestly the most important; we then back up our results with real world testing on local trails and our facility on 110 acres. It's this combination that truly makes the difference and why AA normally has a faster vehicle with the same or less rated tune horsepower.
- Switch image shows both the Boost Control Switch & Throttle Control Switch Mounted
- Get ready to hang on, your X3 RR is about to transform!
- See instructions HERE